Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Exposed

First off, Ive been brilliant with my Paleo habits. Food, water, hanging out in caves, and chasing small mammals. Around 28 days in. My failure this week was I only made it to 50 burpees last Monday. Justin and the dogs watched on, and they still love me. I have to do 100 soon.

There is a full week of working out planned to make up for the 24 hours of hell my body put me through on Friday. Stomach bug, like when I was in school. I fought it with water and fasting. My body didnt want a thing so I listened. Considering how nice I have been I figured it would give me some guidance. It did, I am a new again.

I mowed the lawn this afternoon, which is very unnatural, and headed to Ingles, where there are endless rows of unnatural crap. Eggo Chocolate Chip Pancakes.... really? I should have looked at the package.

Speaking of adventures in grocery land, I dont think the checkout ladies like me very much.. On average it takes 10 minutes to get through my veggies and people usually change lanes after they realized who they are behind. Produce and Meat girl.
It only takes seconds to checkout a cart full of processed boxes. Fresh herbs.... minutes.

'whats this?'. Parsnips, Kiwi, Kale...



Oh.. the young ones usually stabbed themselves with artichokes. I should say something, but I never have. Had one dude grab a pineapple like it was a football. I about yelped as much as him.

Survival skills means knowing your fruits and vegetables.
And if you're not kosher or vegan, bacon.

So I am going to do something really uncomfortable for me. right now. The only thing I can think of that would be more torturous would be to put up before/after photos. Which I will probably do at some point. This however, is the ultimate fear of anyone who has had weight issues. Showing their number, and perhaps even a GRAPH! Every so often I remind myself to go enter my weight at http://www.fitday.com/. I first signed up in early 2009 when I became determined to get in shape. My dad was getting sicker and sicker, and i wanted to be healthy enough to deal with that I thought was coming.


Light Blue: Actual Weight Dark Blue: Goal Weight


You can see how being at the hospital for months stalled my weight loss. I had chocolate coffee and a pastry every day at Mission during the summer. Im surprised I didnt gain more. I was working out, thanks to my boss who paid for bootcamps, and got me free yoga and pilates too. Stress was high, and working out saved me even more breakdowns.

People are good.

You can also see I am now down 47 pounds! I want to speed up my weight loss and I know how. I just dont want to do it. I need to limit my fruit intake more and increase my greens.

Also add in long hikes weekly. Tomorrow I will! adventure! play! Full day starting at 10 with Jessie. Next week another friend, then another.

Monday- Crossfit.

Im determined to reach my goal weight by mid-June...

And fit enough to kill my own dinner with my bare hands, like a f'in buffalo. Then do some pull ups on a tree nearby to celebrate.

5 comments:

  1. Let me know when you want to plan a Sunday hike! I'll bring the dogs and maybe Corey. haha
    Do NOT see 50 burpees as a failure. To do that at home alone is quite an achievement.

    See you in the morning!
    Best, Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs, Heather! Your awesome. You and Justin are so lucky to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shanna! Yes, lets explore with the pooches, that would be awesome. Sorry bout you netbook, I do crap like that too.

    Isabel! Justin graduates in May. Can you believe it?! We've come a long way since SW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does your grocery store have the weigh-it-yourself-and-print-the-label scales? Mine does, and it makes check-out waaaaaay easier!! We buy lots of random veggies and fruits, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They don't... thats for big cities like Greenville, SC :) We do have self checkout, which I would love to use, but now that I just do 'big trips' it would take me forever. And I just can't stand that kind of attention.

    Fruitbat!

    ReplyDelete