Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Enlightenment


The last few days felt like a progression to enlightenment. That sounds big. I know. I still working on the wording of how I have been feeling.

Good. Damn good.

The first of Spring just seems like an organized background to my stage. Grass is getting tall, bees are, yes, a buzzin... and oh, it will make the most unlikely poets.

There were alot of 'firsts' in the last few days. Life is feeling full and I suppose it might be because of how consistent I have been. Day 22 and no drinking, no sugar, no grains, no dairy (besides the butter that sneaks I suspect when I eat out). I am also staying on schedule with my training. Which is to just go, or do something on the off days. Hikes, yoga, pushup work... something.

However, Ive noticed since I dont go into crossfit till Wed, the weekends are my recovery but Monday I am ready to get in a real workout. So tomorrow I am going to do the 100 burpees for time workout that my affiliate did as a benchmark workout. I missed it this particular recipe for hurt at the gym because I felt like crap for a few days. I missed Wed, but got in Thurs and Sat. I think I had a stomach bug. Maybe, it didnt take me down too hard.

It was my first afternoon class and my body was still pissed. I got queasy doing the workout and I took a few breathers. I still managed 86 squats during the rotation (push-ups,squats, power snatch) I really couldnt do a proper squat when I started. Know what sucks more than squats?

Walking lunges.

Back to the Burpees. J has a cool push counter (so we wont cheat) and a stopwatch and its on in the AM!

J and I went to a lovely backyard party cookout this weekend. Meat on the grill, parsnips, avocado... a feast! Great conversation and I was home by 11. I needed sleep bad. With the training becomes an obsession with recovery. Sleep well, Eat Well...

Speaking of diet, stopped by Two Spoons Ice Cream on Haywood to support Marissa and Chad's Grand Opening. It was packed. Flavors: Maple Bacon and Mocha Chocolate. Not even tempted. I guess my sugar cravings are all gone. Fruit is sweeter than ever. The ice cream was for J and his buddy D who were working on a car. I also brought home veggies, fruits, nuts, spices, and grass fed beef from Amazing Savings.
So why is the word of the weekend enlightenment?
  • I put out a random burning bush. Which was strange.
  • 10 Commandments was on tv that night.
  • In sobriety I realized I am much more of a talker than I thought.
  • I see my friends and family for who they are, and my expectations are reasonable, so I am not miserable all the time.
  • My husband is my soulmate. I like it when life reminds me.
  • I can go to the mall and find a killer dress for $20 in like 10 minutes
  • I was able to take my dad out to lunch for his birthday and really appreciate my life with him in it

No comments:

Post a Comment