Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Clarity

Black Balasm Knob, South of Graveyard Fields



Perhaps 32 is my magic number. It took just a little over a month to finally use the words I want to in a conversation, to feel enough energy at 5:30 to play some indoor soccer with my friend's kids and to be focused enough to be a rock-star at work. Living a 'Full Life!' has driven me through workouts and to eat Primal no matter what, and the plan totally worked.

Added bonus has been no allergies this Spring. At all. No itching behind the ears (this doesn't translate well in written word, you need to see me demonstrate). No congestion or itchy eyes.

I have till Mid June till my challenge is done but as of now, I really have found a lifestyle that is completely based in logic, simplicity and results. My diet makes sense scientifically- what I put in my body has a purpose and I dont spend any time wondering if I am eating too much, or not had enough of any particular need. My diet lacks nothing and my body is thrilled. Meat, Nuts, Seeds, Veggies, Fruits is the formula for change.

It does help we love to cook, but trust me, anything is easier than counting blocks or calories. Did I get rid of my gourmand qualities? Far from it - Damn Good Chili, Coconut Curry Shrimp, Pork with Kale, Eggs with homemade salsa and bacon. Lots of fresh herbs, locally grown ingredients and some shrimp we scored from a friend who just got back from Apalachicola... I mean, my fridge rocks right now.

Except there is no fruit. Im dealing.

Truth is, I felt awful most of my life. physically I was an achy mess. I think about what I ate as a kid and teenager and Im embarrassed.

How did I get little debbies coffee cakes that I ate daily? I cant remember if I paid extra in the lunch line or what... How did I just eat french toast covered in syrup and nothing else for breakfast at school?

The tv show Jamie Oliver's Revolution has tapped into my hopeful nature in wanting change, and Ive seen every episode, all four. You can watch it on Hulu.com if you are interested in getting a glimpse into school lunches. Huntington WV, the locale of the reality show, schools seem to be feed the same as my Miami. Or in most prisons. I do have another confession to make ... I still watch the Food Channel. I scream 'I can eat that' at the tube when I see roasted chicken or bacon wrapped dates. Ive made a game of diet bingo in my living room, all while reading or folding laundry.


I havent made a personal game for the site http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/. It stands alone in entertainment value. For lifestyle advice I visit http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ daily because living a full life means living a balanced one.

Crossfit keeps me level. There are some things I can't do yet but there I things I am doing now I never thought I could do. There is serious motivation in that combination for me. Better go recover from all that motivation. Goodnight. "More Fun Tomorrow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment