Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Stressed


Yesterday I hit a bird on Riverside road as I was headed in to work. I instantly thought about a radio program I had heard months back: birds represent a love one's spirit in Irish folklore. Bad sign. Isn't St. Patrick's day tomorrow? Did I just kill the soul of a relative trying to check in on me? Should I have stopped?

Feathers flew everywhere, and my instincts told me it was bad. I did kill. I went to the office, went inside and actively tried to erased the horror of what I had done. Energy came in waves but as the office got quieter, I started to feel useless.

I manage to get through my to-do list but I was far from my usual motivated self. After closing up I decided to make sure I didnt dent the hood. I peaked around the front corner of the car and there was my victim, stuck in the grill. It almost looked fake, but I quickly looked away... I had to get home, J will help me.

What way home has the least amount of stops... someone will notice... Lexington or Patton? It didnt matter, what was I doing?!

That was a terrible journey across Asheville. When I got home I found myself pleading to J and his friend to take care of it. They were shocked, inspected the crime scene, laughed a bit...

There are things I need to take care of and then I will be less stressed. I avoided doing what was right because it would have taken me out of my comfort zone. I should have taken care of the bird at the office, I should organize my bills, I should clean my house, and I should get rid of my baggy clothes so I don't look like a bum everyday.

On a positive note, I havent killed anything today.
I also did 100 jump-ropes and some knee to elbows last night. My 'skinny jacket' is getting HUGE on me. This is the jacket I wore in college, before my freshman 10 hit. I was able to fit into it after J accident too, for like a month. Now I should go down a size. To a medium.

Crossfit tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment