Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Recovery


Welcome Spring! Hello Sunshine!

The warm weather is the talk of the town. Well, at least it was at the WNC Farmer's Market earlier today. It was nice to be somewhere where nobody knew me, where I could just people watch and indulge in a honey tangerine. I was sitting and watching because my sore tush could barely walk. It feels as rough as the first week of Crossfit.

Yesterday I endured a workout that might be the toughest so far. Best way to explain it would be:
30 8lb wall balls + 200m run,
then 30 15lb kettle ball + 2oom run
x 3

There were rest times after each run but it about killed the 8am crowd. They looked tough to me, but all were quick to vocalize how grueling it was afterwards. Thank god they said something! I did good, I finished strong but next time I will go for the 400m like almost everyone else. Maybe. Thats a wicked looking hill.

This workout also made me dislike the once cool wall balls. Kettle balls, stick with me.
So yeah, Im sore and I know I need a proper recovery so I can tackle next week and the rest of my life. I got a good night sleep last night and had another successful day with no SUGAR, no WHEAT, no DAIRY, and no BOOZE. I am going for 60 days. I'm on day 6 and feel great. Well, besides my thighs who would rather be fishing

Basically I am following the Primal/Hunter-Gatherer/Paleo/Caveman (whatever you call it!) lifestyle. Guess it must be pretty hard to brand when there is no product to pitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaGI3RXE2_M


I will go into details later on how I approach this lifestyle, what I wanted to do was remember this recipe we just created.


Tandoori Chicken with Mashed Parsnips topped with

mushrooms and onions.




Parsnips Steam/Boil Parsnips and Onions with Garlic till tender. Puree up with some coconut milk. Pepper as desired.

Chicken Saute up mushrooms, onions, garlic in olive oil. After caramelized add chicken covered with Tandoori spices (bought at the farmer's marker) and cook until tender.
Enjoy! Seriously!


I am at the least going to run a mile at the track tomorrow. Even if Im sore. I have a few days before my next crossfit so between that and some knee to elbows.... and some much needed sleep and delicious healthy foods I should be set for the next power hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment