Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quickie

Oh, blog, you haven't been forgotten! Please forgive me. The following post is short and poorly written, I just need to get these thoughts down.

This week has been full of needed realizations, discipline and successes. Lets break it down.

  • I realized I love my job more than I thought. I was given an opportunity to talk about myself professionally and without filter I just rambled on about how attached I was to 'my agents, my bosses, and my office' While I knew I was invested , I was not aware to the extent I find personal happiness in my daily grind. The same day I had this moment of appreciation I was offered my own office with a door and window. It was if the universe was rewarding me for my loyalty.
  • I will be as badass as my new office. I have tons of ideas that I WILL put into action to create success for each agent. This is just the beginning.
  • I am now on day 15 of no BOOZE, no STARCH, no SUGAR, no DAIRY. Results: Im shrinking! I look healthier and this last workout I powered through with no breaks. I am even more energetic than usual, so much so I catch myself when I am going a mile a minute, overwhelming the people around me. At least sometimes I feel that way. 75 more days to go on my personal challenge. I totally got this.
  • Success! I got on a scale: 166 as of this morning. While this is far from my ideal weight it is 43 pounds from where I started a year ago.
  • I about had a 'f* this' moment working out on Wednesday. I didnt eat before I went and half way through my sprint run I hit a mental wall. I signed up for a marathon! POWER THROUGH, WUSSY! Ugh, I did and then I questioned later if I worked it out to the best of my ability. Heck, I even questioned if I finished the workout prescribed, but David who watched me run said he was sure he saw me do 5 reps of sprints (with Thrusters in between). I should just go into Crossfit and ask who is going to be my witness.
  • Friday was kick butt. I did 5 pull ups with the gray band. Since I am around powerhouses, I didnt say anything but inside I celebrated. I am getting there, in small moments. We practiced pistols and I powered through what I could. My legs were already pissed from two days before. The WOD itself was GRACE. 30 reps of power clean and jerk for time. 31lbs at 2:4?. Looks like Ill be adding some more weights! 70% of my previous max was too easy (even though it was a tough session) I need to practice my form more. I could feel my back arching, and Shanna noticed as well. Hello broomstick. shoulders back, chin down...

There are several things I must do this week to be the person I want to be: Call some family members who have been reaching out, write a few thank you letters and finish my taxes.

Can I have a witness?!

No comments:

Post a Comment